.

Friday, May 15, 2020

The Best Year For My High School Basketball Team - 889 Words

2013 was the best year for my high school basketball team. A small high school in my hometown Pula achieved the biggest achievement in its history. That same small high school has the biggest heart in whole country. Everyone breathes for that school: students, professors, school staff. No matter what they were always for us and supported us like we were a big family. My school was crazy about sports especially about basketball; it was more than a game for the school. It was my senior year there, and we had a great basketball team. My brother Franco and I were the two best players in school, of course everybody else was good but still we were the leaders. We set the goal in the begining of the season, to goal make national tournament. Only the six teams from the whole country could go on to the national tournament, and it wasn t going to be an easy job for any of schools. Early in the season we were really well, we played as a team, with confidence and with lot of energy. That wa s just the results of hard work that we put every day in our game. My brother and I always pushed each other to our maximum limits and everybody could see our hard work on the court because we averaged 30 points per game each. Everyone told me that my brother was ready for the PRO-league, and that our team was so good just because Franco made everything so easy. I enjoyed play with Franco; therefore, he had a feel for the game and I scored most of my points because he passed me every time.Show MoreRelatedBasketball Essay987 Words   |  4 PagesI was new to high school and was kind of scared with the new adjustments to school work, a new atmosphere, and so many distractions ahead of me. During the first quarter I had adjusted to the work load and stayed focus. One day my friends and I were talking about sports and it got me thinking about if I could manage school and sports. One of my friends suggested that I should try out for the junior varsity basketball team. Before high sch ool the last time I played on a basketball team was in 4th gradeRead MoreHigh School Basketball Is The Most Memorable Moments Of All For Me849 Words   |  4 Pages3,2,1 SWISH! nailing the game winner shot in a high school basketball game is one of the most memorable moments of all for me. So much hard work was placed into this game and to come out as the winner, that moment filled me with joy. I practiced so hard pre-season in the gym going to my local recreational center to shoot hoops just to hone my skills. I have always had the passion for this sport even as a young kid at one point I believed I will be playing in the NBA because I was so determined. ButRead MoreWhy I Love Basketball945 Words   |  4 PagesIn my free time, I enjoy a plethora of activities but I have come to the conclusion that basketball is my all-time favorite pastime. Watching the sport on television is just as enjoyable as playing it. Strangely, basketball has always seemed to permeate my life in one way or another. Sometimes, I feel like I was born to dream, live, and even sleep thinking about basketball. Basketball is such an amazing sport and I cannot fathom living in a world in which the sport did not existRead MoreI Loved The Small Town I Grew Up At949 Words   |  4 PagesI loved the small town I grew up at. Where I went to school, played sports, and made lifelong friendships. It was like Mayberry from Andy Griffith. You couldn’t go anywhere or do anything without everyone knowing what you were doing, and sometimes reporting your actions to your parents. It all changed dramatically and for the worse, when we moved in my freshman year of high school. The town I grew up in was named Union Star, MO. You could go anywhere you wanted, as long as you were home by the timeRead More Basketball and My Life Essay984 Words   |  4 PagesBasketball and my life I have throughout my whole life been playing sports. I still play basketball competitively and now it’s at the university level. Basketball though was not my first love when it came to playing sports. It has though become my true focus since junior high school. Coming from Canada everybody plays hockey. Its almost as if as soon as you learn to walk you learn how to skate. Whether it is at the recreation centre or at the shinny rink around the corner everyone playsRead MoreLebron James1598 Words   |  7 Pageshis short, eight-year career to give his team the lead in the final seconds of the game. LeBron James is just one of the many athletes that play the exciting game of American Basketball, a fast-paced sport that is extremely entertaining and viewed by an abundance of people through-out the globe. There have been, there are, and there will be many individuals who play the game of basketball very well; however, none will measure up against LeBron James. LeBron has be en a great basketball player since theRead MoreMy Passion For Basketball717 Words   |  3 PagesI first broke my finger when I received a pass playing basketball. I injured my knees for the first time because of basketball. I heard unpleasant comments about myself for the first time during a basketball game. I was 12. I gave up. I hated basketball. But I could never imagine that after a few years I would lead my high-school basketball team as its captain. Sharing the story, my passion for basketball began 3 years ago, when I moved from a little town to the capital city. I was very shy, reservedRead MoreThe National Collegiate Athletic Association1603 Words   |  7 Pageshappiness. So why is the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) able to force high school basketball players to attend college for at least one year before they are able to enter the National Basketball Association (NBA) draft? If the athlete wants to enter the draft out of high school then should be able to do so. It is their life and they should be able to make choices based on what think is the best for themselves. There should not be a rule implementing that athletes must attend collegeRead MoreI Didn t Start Playing A Kid874 Words   |  4 Pageshowever I think basketball is the most developing community I’ve ever belonged to. Just like any sport, many individuals learn how to play as a kid. Most participate recreationally, while others particip ate competitively with their peers. I didn’t start playing competitive until I was in middle school. The coach enabled me to become a part of this discourse community. Once I made the team I was a valued member of that community. There were many individuals that influenced me to join. My dad noticed howRead MoreMy Experience With Playing Basketball1550 Words   |  7 PagesTo most basketball is just a game but to me it is so much more. Playing basketball for over 15 years has taught me a lot about life and myself. Whether there is a crowd of people watching me or I am the only one in the gym, once I step on to the court my mind becomes free. There is something about an empty court, headphones in my ears, and the ball in my hands that makes me like I’m right at home. I met some of my closest friends for the first time on the basketball court. My coaches did not

No comments:

Post a Comment